Saturday, September 17, 2011

Callie was tired today

I have named the stray Catahoula Cur "Callie."  She ran the full 6 miles with me today, the 0.25 mile warm up, and the 1 mile cool down, for a grand total of about 7.25 miles.  She was totally faithful to every step, but she was getting tired and hot at the end.  We stopped briefly at mile 4 for a drink of water.

I love this weather so much, I may have to move to San Diego in order to enjoy the climate year-round.  Anyone in San Diego need a medical transcriptionist?!

So, theoretically, based on the MarathonRookie.com schedule for a half marathon, I will 3, 5, and 3 mile runs next week, then an 8 mile run on Saturday, for my long run.  After today, I am really looking forward to it, and I feel like it's actually possible! :)  So pumped right now!  Callie should be looking pretty good by Thanksgiving, as well, if she continues to run with me.

My husband may kill me, because she may have to come home with me tomorrow.  She makes too nice of a running buddy.  

And what I need is another dog.

He's really gonna kill me.

But at least I can outrun him.

No comments:

Post a Comment